Provide drinking water, toilets in schools: BJP to MCD
New Delhi: The Delhi unit of the BJP Thursday asked all three municipal corporations under it to provide clean drinking water and separate toilets for girl students in all schools under their jurisdiction.
The guidelines were issued in a letter by the Bharatiya Janata Party's Delhi chief Satish Upadhyay to the mayors, chairmen of standing committees and leaders of the houses of all the three municipal corporations - North Delhi, South Delhi and East Delhi.
Upadhyay raised four important points - including providing clean drinking water, separate toilets for girl students in all schools under their jurisdiction as well as Municipal Corporation Of Delhi (MCD)-recognised private schools.
He asked the corporations to bring all services under e-governance as soon as possible to bring transparency, and also form coordination committees for better results.
"The committees may regularly assess the services like primary health care, education, payment of social pension and community services. They should ensure that the budget is properly utilised," Upadhyay said.
Acknowledging that people "don't trust" MCD officers, Upadhyay said steps should be taken to improve the image of the corporations.
"The corporations should advertise their work through appropriate media and also rope in resident welfare associations for this purpose," Upadhyay suggested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump