Provide drinking water, toilets in schools: BJP to MCD
New Delhi: The Delhi unit of the BJP Thursday asked all three municipal corporations under it to provide clean drinking water and separate toilets for girl students in all schools under their jurisdiction.
The guidelines were issued in a letter by the Bharatiya Janata Party's Delhi chief Satish Upadhyay to the mayors, chairmen of standing committees and leaders of the houses of all the three municipal corporations - North Delhi, South Delhi and East Delhi.
Upadhyay raised four important points - including providing clean drinking water, separate toilets for girl students in all schools under their jurisdiction as well as Municipal Corporation Of Delhi (MCD)-recognised private schools.
He asked the corporations to bring all services under e-governance as soon as possible to bring transparency, and also form coordination committees for better results.
"The committees may regularly assess the services like primary health care, education, payment of social pension and community services. They should ensure that the budget is properly utilised," Upadhyay said.
Acknowledging that people "don't trust" MCD officers, Upadhyay said steps should be taken to improve the image of the corporations.
"The corporations should advertise their work through appropriate media and also rope in resident welfare associations for this purpose," Upadhyay suggested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog