Provide drinking water, toilets in schools: BJP to MCD
New Delhi: The Delhi unit of the BJP Thursday asked all three municipal corporations under it to provide clean drinking water and separate toilets for girl students in all schools under their jurisdiction.
The guidelines were issued in a letter by the Bharatiya Janata Party's Delhi chief Satish Upadhyay to the mayors, chairmen of standing committees and leaders of the houses of all the three municipal corporations - North Delhi, South Delhi and East Delhi.
Upadhyay raised four important points - including providing clean drinking water, separate toilets for girl students in all schools under their jurisdiction as well as Municipal Corporation Of Delhi (MCD)-recognised private schools.
He asked the corporations to bring all services under e-governance as soon as possible to bring transparency, and also form coordination committees for better results.
"The committees may regularly assess the services like primary health care, education, payment of social pension and community services. They should ensure that the budget is properly utilised," Upadhyay said.
Acknowledging that people "don't trust" MCD officers, Upadhyay said steps should be taken to improve the image of the corporations.
"The corporations should advertise their work through appropriate media and also rope in resident welfare associations for this purpose," Upadhyay suggested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India