Provide drinking water, toilets in schools: BJP to MCD
New Delhi: The Delhi unit of the BJP Thursday asked all three municipal corporations under it to provide clean drinking water and separate toilets for girl students in all schools under their jurisdiction.
The guidelines were issued in a letter by the Bharatiya Janata Party's Delhi chief Satish Upadhyay to the mayors, chairmen of standing committees and leaders of the houses of all the three municipal corporations - North Delhi, South Delhi and East Delhi.
Upadhyay raised four important points - including providing clean drinking water, separate toilets for girl students in all schools under their jurisdiction as well as Municipal Corporation Of Delhi (MCD)-recognised private schools.
He asked the corporations to bring all services under e-governance as soon as possible to bring transparency, and also form coordination committees for better results.
"The committees may regularly assess the services like primary health care, education, payment of social pension and community services. They should ensure that the budget is properly utilised," Upadhyay said.
Acknowledging that people "don't trust" MCD officers, Upadhyay said steps should be taken to improve the image of the corporations.
"The corporations should advertise their work through appropriate media and also rope in resident welfare associations for this purpose," Upadhyay suggested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster