Provide expenses of President`s kitchen: RTI applicant
New Delhi: What is the expenditure of the President of India over her meals? The President`s Secretariat was flummoxed to find such a query in a Right to Information application.
The applicant seeking to know detailed expenditure of the First citizen`s kitchen expenses was curtly informed that such information is exempted from disclosure as it is personal. His query regarding travels undertaken by her was denied on security grounds.
But the enthusiastic applicant did not relent and filed a second appeal with the Central Information Commission.
Chief Information Commissioner Satyananda Mishra, who himself heard the case, accepted the argument of the President Secretariat`s officials.
The officials told the CIC that they do not maintain records of expenditure on the President`s meals as she herself incurs those charges which are personal information. A point agreed by Mishra, who allowed them to withhold the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata