Provide toilets in government schools: SC
New Delhi: Provide toilet facilities in all government schools by Dec 31, the Supreme Court on Tuesday told all the states and union territories (UT).
Temporary facilities must be provided by Nov 30, in case permanent services cannot be enabled, Justices Dalveer Bhandari and Dipak Misra said.
The court`s direction came in the course of the hearing of a petition seeking provision for drinking water and toilet facilities in government schools across the country.
The court was told that by and large drinking water facilities have been made available in government schools in states and UTs.
The court directed listing of the matter for Dec 5 when the states and UTs have been asked to file their compliance report in respect of providing temporary toilet facilities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai