Provide toilets in government schools: SC
New Delhi: Provide toilet facilities in all government schools by Dec 31, the Supreme Court on Tuesday told all the states and union territories (UT).
Temporary facilities must be provided by Nov 30, in case permanent services cannot be enabled, Justices Dalveer Bhandari and Dipak Misra said.
The court`s direction came in the course of the hearing of a petition seeking provision for drinking water and toilet facilities in government schools across the country.
The court was told that by and large drinking water facilities have been made available in government schools in states and UTs.
The court directed listing of the matter for Dec 5 when the states and UTs have been asked to file their compliance report in respect of providing temporary toilet facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das