Provide toilets in government schools: SC
New Delhi: Provide toilet facilities in all government schools by Dec 31, the Supreme Court on Tuesday told all the states and union territories (UT).
Temporary facilities must be provided by Nov 30, in case permanent services cannot be enabled, Justices Dalveer Bhandari and Dipak Misra said.
The court`s direction came in the course of the hearing of a petition seeking provision for drinking water and toilet facilities in government schools across the country.
The court was told that by and large drinking water facilities have been made available in government schools in states and UTs.
The court directed listing of the matter for Dec 5 when the states and UTs have been asked to file their compliance report in respect of providing temporary toilet facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?