Provide toilets in government schools: SC
New Delhi: Provide toilet facilities in all government schools by Dec 31, the Supreme Court on Tuesday told all the states and union territories (UT).
Temporary facilities must be provided by Nov 30, in case permanent services cannot be enabled, Justices Dalveer Bhandari and Dipak Misra said.
The court`s direction came in the course of the hearing of a petition seeking provision for drinking water and toilet facilities in government schools across the country.
The court was told that by and large drinking water facilities have been made available in government schools in states and UTs.
The court directed listing of the matter for Dec 5 when the states and UTs have been asked to file their compliance report in respect of providing temporary toilet facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note