`Providing connectivity to Arunachal top priority`
Itanagar: Defence Minister AK Antony Friday said providing connectivity to all areas of Arunachal Pradesh, a strategically situated frontier state, was his top most priority.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki called on Antony at New Delhi this evening, official sources said here.
The defence minister assured that providing connectivity to all areas of Arunachal Pradesh was one of his foremost priorities and he would fulfil it by taking up with concerned authorities, the sources said.
Tuki apprised Antony about the status of several road projects including those under Border Roads Organisation.
Expressing concern over the inordinate delay in completion of several road projects, he appealed to Antony for his personal intervention in order to expedite the pace of works being carried out.
Tuki further emphasised on the strategic importance of the famous but dilapidated Stilwell Road to enhance border trade, particularly along Pangsau Pass in Changlang district bordering Myanmar.
He said opening of the Stilwell road would open up vast avenues of trade with South East Asia, which has also been envisaged in the Look East Policy of the Centre.
Both the leaders also discussed various issues of strategic interest to the state as well as the country.
Later, Tuki called on Minister of State for Defence Jitender Singh and asked for early start of the National Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports (NIMAS) at Dirang in West Kameng district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place