Providing girl`s photo for marriage not allowed: Darul Uloom
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband has said that providing the photograph of a girl to boy`s family for marriage purpose is not allowed under Islamic law.
In a fatwa issued yesterday, the seminary said providing photo of a girl to boy`s family for fixing wedding is against Shariat law.
However using photos for only essential purposes was allowed, it said.
The fatwa was issued in response to a question posed by a Muslim girl. The girl had asked if a photo can be send through an e-mail to boy`s family for selection for marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror