Providing girl`s photo for marriage not allowed: Darul Uloom
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband has said that providing the photograph of a girl to boy`s family for marriage purpose is not allowed under Islamic law.
In a fatwa issued yesterday, the seminary said providing photo of a girl to boy`s family for fixing wedding is against Shariat law.
However using photos for only essential purposes was allowed, it said.
The fatwa was issued in response to a question posed by a Muslim girl. The girl had asked if a photo can be send through an e-mail to boy`s family for selection for marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan