PSO of former Afghan President`s wife attempts suicide
New Delhi: The Personal Security Officer of the wife of former Afghan president Mohd Najibullah is battling for life in a hospital after he allegedly shot himself at her residence here.
52-year-old Assistant Sub Inspector Harish Chander, the PSO of Najibullah`s wife Fatima, shot himself on his head at 5-K Kamaraj Marg, a kilometre away from Parliament House, at around 10 am using his service revolver.
He was rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where he is undergoing treatment, a senior police official said. Doctors said his condition is critical.
No suicide note has been recovered, the official said adding it appeared that he was under depression as his son was unemployed.
"His son is unemployed and he was under depression. We suspect that it was the reason for him taking the step. We are investigating the matter," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday