PSO of former Afghan President`s wife attempts suicide
New Delhi: The Personal Security Officer of the wife of former Afghan president Mohd Najibullah is battling for life in a hospital after he allegedly shot himself at her residence here.
52-year-old Assistant Sub Inspector Harish Chander, the PSO of Najibullah`s wife Fatima, shot himself on his head at 5-K Kamaraj Marg, a kilometre away from Parliament House, at around 10 am using his service revolver.
He was rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where he is undergoing treatment, a senior police official said. Doctors said his condition is critical.
No suicide note has been recovered, the official said adding it appeared that he was under depression as his son was unemployed.
"His son is unemployed and he was under depression. We suspect that it was the reason for him taking the step. We are investigating the matter," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal