Pt Nehru remembered on 48th death anniversary
New Delhi: The nation on Sunday remembered the country`s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru on his 48th death anniversary, with President Pratibha Patil and Vice President Hamid Ansari paying homage to him.
Patil, Ansari and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi paid floral tributes to Nehru at Shanti Van, his memorial on the banks of Yamuna here.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath were among prominent citizens who paid floral tributes at the memorial.
An all religion prayer meeting was organised in the premises of the memorial.
Nehru, who was born on November 14, 1889, died on May 27, 1964.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional