Pt Nehru remembered on 48th death anniversary
New Delhi: The nation on Sunday remembered the country`s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru on his 48th death anniversary, with President Pratibha Patil and Vice President Hamid Ansari paying homage to him.
Patil, Ansari and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi paid floral tributes to Nehru at Shanti Van, his memorial on the banks of Yamuna here.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath were among prominent citizens who paid floral tributes at the memorial.
An all religion prayer meeting was organised in the premises of the memorial.
Nehru, who was born on November 14, 1889, died on May 27, 1964.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened