Pt Nehru remembered on 48th death anniversary
New Delhi: The nation on Sunday remembered the country`s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru on his 48th death anniversary, with President Pratibha Patil and Vice President Hamid Ansari paying homage to him.
Patil, Ansari and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi paid floral tributes to Nehru at Shanti Van, his memorial on the banks of Yamuna here.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath were among prominent citizens who paid floral tributes at the memorial.
An all religion prayer meeting was organised in the premises of the memorial.
Nehru, who was born on November 14, 1889, died on May 27, 1964.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan