Public has already expressed no-confidence against UPA govt: Mamata Banerjee
New Delhi: Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said the public has already expressed "no-confidence" against the Centre and there was no need for bringing a motion against it in this regard.
The West Bengal Chief Minister also made it clear that her party will "neither go with the Congress nor with the BJP. We will go alone" in the polls.
Asked if her party would support a no-confidence motion moved by six Congress Seemandhra MPs yesterday against the UPA government on the issue of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, she said, "The public has already expressed its no-confidence in the current government and where is the need for bringing a no-confidence motion."
In Parliament, Mamata met BJP leaders Rajnath Singh and L K Advani along with YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy.
Seemandhra MPs, who have moved the motion, also met her and sought her support.
But the West Bengal Chief Minister reportedly told them that she would not be able to support the motion in the House though she supported their cause.
She is understood to have told them that the SP and the BSP will bailout the Government even if there is a no- confidence motion.
Three separate notices were given yesterday by six Congress members from Seemandhra region, TDP and YSR Congress, as part of their attempt to stall division of Andhra Pradesh and creation of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh
- BJP has no CM candidate in UP: Digvijaya
- Mamata flays PM Modi for destroying federalism, growing 'saffronisation'
- No country can put itself opposite NPT: China