Public pressure forces Railways to remove ads
New Delhi: Faced with increasing complaints
from passengers, the Railways have decided to remove
translucent vinyl wrapping from window panels of Rajdhani
External Vinyl wrappings, including translucent vinyl
wrapping of window panels, in these premier trains were
allowed for commercial publicity.
A section of passengers, however, expressed their
irritation at being deprived of enjoying the outside view and
of reduced visibility.
"Taking their complaint into account, Railways has
decided to do away with vinyl wrapping of the window panels,"
a Railway Ministry official said.
He said the decision has already been implemented and the
wrappings are already being removed from some of the trains.
The Railway Board has also decided that in future
contract, commercial publicity on window glass will not be
allowed, the official said.
Vinyl wrapping, a medium of outdoor advertisement, is
catching up fast with the Railways.
At present, National Stock Exchange, Max New York Life,
Kerala Tourism etc have opted this medium in the Railways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof