Public will decide Team Anna’s party agenda: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Key Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, who was fasting along with his associates since July 25, on Friday said that his team will fight corruption within and outside the Parliament.
Addressing thousands gathered at the indefinite fast site at Jantar Mantar, Kejriwal announced that is Team will form a political party.
Thanking former Army chief General VK Singh, Tejender Singh, Dr Bisht and especially the volunteers, he said, “Team Anna will now form a political party. I request everyone to join our movement and also suggest a name for our political party.”
“Public will decide team Anna’s new political party`s agenda and they would travel across the country to spread awareness,” Kejriwal added.
Kejriwal also urged people to suggest ways to ensure than once elected, the representatives do not become corrupt.
“Ours will have the structure of an ‘andolan’, and be what the people want.”
"Our aim is not just to win the general election; it is to challenge all the political parties. All the donations we get we will put on our website and challenge the political parties to do likewise. We will likewise put our expenses on the website," Kejriwal added.
Hailing the anti-graft movement, the India Against Corruption (IAC) member said, “The movement has entered its final stage. Now this movement we will not stop till we get a strong Jan Lokpal and we are moving ahead to complete revolution,"
Arvind Kejriwal thanked media, volunteers and everyone associated with the movement for their 24x7 support.
“This was my first hunger strike and for the first time I realised what hunger means,” Kejriwal said.
He also invited those in the ruling Congress and opposition Bharatiya Janata Party to join their "desh bhakt" movement if they were "feeling suffocated" in their respective parties.
"I have a vision that in three years, India will change," he added. General elections will be held in India in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen