Public will decide Team Anna’s party agenda: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Key Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, who was fasting along with his associates since July 25, on Friday said that his team will fight corruption within and outside the Parliament.
Addressing thousands gathered at the indefinite fast site at Jantar Mantar, Kejriwal announced that is Team will form a political party.
Thanking former Army chief General VK Singh, Tejender Singh, Dr Bisht and especially the volunteers, he said, “Team Anna will now form a political party. I request everyone to join our movement and also suggest a name for our political party.”
“Public will decide team Anna’s new political party`s agenda and they would travel across the country to spread awareness,” Kejriwal added.
Kejriwal also urged people to suggest ways to ensure than once elected, the representatives do not become corrupt.
“Ours will have the structure of an ‘andolan’, and be what the people want.”
"Our aim is not just to win the general election; it is to challenge all the political parties. All the donations we get we will put on our website and challenge the political parties to do likewise. We will likewise put our expenses on the website," Kejriwal added.
Hailing the anti-graft movement, the India Against Corruption (IAC) member said, “The movement has entered its final stage. Now this movement we will not stop till we get a strong Jan Lokpal and we are moving ahead to complete revolution,"
Arvind Kejriwal thanked media, volunteers and everyone associated with the movement for their 24x7 support.
“This was my first hunger strike and for the first time I realised what hunger means,” Kejriwal said.
He also invited those in the ruling Congress and opposition Bharatiya Janata Party to join their "desh bhakt" movement if they were "feeling suffocated" in their respective parties.
"I have a vision that in three years, India will change," he added. General elections will be held in India in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA