Publication of "secret" govt correspondence under MHA scanner
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry is considering a matter regarding publication of "secret" correspondence of two departments by a publisher in one of its books.
This information was shared by I&B Minister Manish Tewari in a written response to a question in the Lok Sabha.
Tewari said the Home Ministry had informed that the publication of classified documents would be an offence if it falls under the purview of Section 5 of the Official Secrets Act.
He said the Home Ministry has also said the matter relating to publication of secret correspondence by a publisher is under consideration.
"Regarding action taken against Har Anand Publications private limited for the publication of `secret` correspondence of two departments of the government in one of its books, ministry of Home Affairs has stated that the matter is under consideration and their comments would be sent in due course," Tewari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video