Pune blast accused oppose Mumbai ATS plea for their custody
New Delhi: Four suspected Indian Mujahideen operatives allegedly involved in the August 1 Pune blast on Thursday opposed in a Delhi court the Mumbai ATS plea for their custody apprehending threat to their lives.
Asad Khan, Imran Khan, Syed Feroze and Irfan Mustafa Langda, opposed the Mumbai ATS plea for their custody arguing that they fear for their lives in the wake of "murder" of Mohd Qateel Siddiqui, an alleged IM module accused in various terror strikes including Jama Masjid blast, German Bakery blast, in a Pune jail.
All the four accused are wanted by the Mumbai ATS in connection with the August 1 Pune blasts, which police said was carried out to avenge the alleged killing of Siddiqui in Pune`s Yervada jail on June eight.
Arguing before Additional Sessions Judge Asha Menon, Irfan`s counsel Mehmood Pracha, along with MS Khan, who was representing the other three accused, also contended that the Mumbai ATS does not have the production warrant from a competent court to take their custody.
Pracha said, "What is the guarantee that they would not be murdered like Siddiqui?"
Rebutting their submissions, Additional Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan said, "Such allegations are baseless and it was an isolated incident where the accused was killed by fellow inmates."
The prosecution also said that by a notification of the Maharashtra government the judicial magistrate is competent to issue production warrant.
The arguments on the application will continue tomorrow. All the four are currently in judical custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands