Pune blast accused oppose Mumbai ATS plea for their custody
New Delhi: Four suspected Indian Mujahideen operatives allegedly involved in the August 1 Pune blast on Thursday opposed in a Delhi court the Mumbai ATS plea for their custody apprehending threat to their lives.
Asad Khan, Imran Khan, Syed Feroze and Irfan Mustafa Langda, opposed the Mumbai ATS plea for their custody arguing that they fear for their lives in the wake of "murder" of Mohd Qateel Siddiqui, an alleged IM module accused in various terror strikes including Jama Masjid blast, German Bakery blast, in a Pune jail.
All the four accused are wanted by the Mumbai ATS in connection with the August 1 Pune blasts, which police said was carried out to avenge the alleged killing of Siddiqui in Pune`s Yervada jail on June eight.
Arguing before Additional Sessions Judge Asha Menon, Irfan`s counsel Mehmood Pracha, along with MS Khan, who was representing the other three accused, also contended that the Mumbai ATS does not have the production warrant from a competent court to take their custody.
Pracha said, "What is the guarantee that they would not be murdered like Siddiqui?"
Rebutting their submissions, Additional Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan said, "Such allegations are baseless and it was an isolated incident where the accused was killed by fellow inmates."
The prosecution also said that by a notification of the Maharashtra government the judicial magistrate is competent to issue production warrant.
The arguments on the application will continue tomorrow. All the four are currently in judical custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH