Pune blast: Bhatkal sent to judicial custody
Mazgaon: Abdul Samad Bhatkal, who was arrested on Monday from Mangalore airport over his suspected role in the February 13 Pune blast, was on Tuesday remanded to judicial custody till June 1.
Bhatkal was produced in the Mazgaon Sessions Court this afternoon, which sent him to judicial custody.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had earlier in the day confirmed the arrest, saying, "ATS Maharashtra along with Pune police were able to identify the prime suspect in the German Bakery Blast (case). Central agencies traced the suspect. He was apprehended on Monday."
Samad hails from Bhatkal in Uttarkannada district in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29