Pune blast: Bhatkal sent to judicial custody
Mazgaon: Abdul Samad Bhatkal, who was arrested on Monday from Mangalore airport over his suspected role in the February 13 Pune blast, was on Tuesday remanded to judicial custody till June 1.
Bhatkal was produced in the Mazgaon Sessions Court this afternoon, which sent him to judicial custody.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had earlier in the day confirmed the arrest, saying, "ATS Maharashtra along with Pune police were able to identify the prime suspect in the German Bakery Blast (case). Central agencies traced the suspect. He was apprehended on Monday."
Samad hails from Bhatkal in Uttarkannada district in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31