Pune blast clouds renewal of Indo-Pak talks
Chennai: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Sunday declined to comment on the fate of the February 25 Foreign Secretary-level talks between India and Pakistan in the wake of the Pune bomb blast.
"I am not going to talk about the talks right now. Let us wait for the report (of the investigative agencies) first," Krishna told reporters here when asked whether the Pune blast would have any impact on the dialogue.
Terming the blast as "most tragic and unfortunate", Krishna said, "We will resist the forces of terrorism resolutely and with firmness and determination."
He said, "We are well aware that the dark forces of terrorism are against peace and amity between nations. It is most tragic and unfortunate that they have struck again leading to a loss of innocent lives."
An improvised explosive device, kept in a packet outside the kitchen of the popular German bakery in Pune, exploded at around 1930 hours last night when a waiter attempted to open it, killing nine persons and injuring 57 others. In a sign of thawing of Indo-Pak relations embittered after the Mumbai terror attack, the two nations had recently decided to hold the Foreign Secretary-level talks in New Delhi on February 25.
"They (terrorists) want to create fear and suspicion," Krishna said, adding, "They sow seeds of distress to create confusion and we will not be cowed down by the terror".
Pointing out that the National Investigation Agency and forensic experts were already in Pune, Krishna said, "By this evening, we will be in a position to get the report. Once the report is available, the government will evaluate the whole situation and then we will do deep monitoring".
Krishna also called on Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi, who has been admitted at the Madras Medical Mission hospital here.
Ravi, who met with a road accident in Liberian capital Monrovia last week while on an official visit, was initially treated at the John F Kennedy Hospital there before being airlifted to Chennai on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Four including child dead after shooting in Texas apartment complex
- GST listing in Rajya Sabha likely this week, Arun Jaitley to meet state FMs
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham