Pune blasts: Probe ordered, says Home Minister
New Delhi: Hours after four low intensity blasts rocked Pune, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Sindhe said the government has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
“The bomb blasts incident is being probed. We are waiting for more informations”, Sindhe told reporters.
“NIA team has been dispatched up for Pune”, he said. Sindhe was supposed to travel to Pune to attend Lokmanya Tilak Puraskar Samaroh.
The Home Minister is yet to confirm that those were terror blasts.
A series of bomb blasts rocked the city of Pune on Wednesday, bringing back the tragic memories of the fateful German Bakery blasts that had claimed 17 lives.
Five low intensity bomb blasts took place within a length of 500 metres of Jangali Maharaj Road. So far one person is said to be injured - the very person carrying the detonators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: NADA hearing concludes, judgement either on Saturday or Monday
- Theresa May: Will she prove to be the second Iron Lady UK needs after Brexit?
- Political parties slam CM Mufti's 'wasn't aware of Burhan's whereabouts' remarks
- Nathan Lyon joins Muttiah Muralitharan and Harbhajan Singh in the 200-test-wicket club
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri