Pune blasts: Probe ordered, says Home Minister
New Delhi: Hours after four low intensity blasts rocked Pune, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Sindhe said the government has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
“The bomb blasts incident is being probed. We are waiting for more informations”, Sindhe told reporters.
“NIA team has been dispatched up for Pune”, he said. Sindhe was supposed to travel to Pune to attend Lokmanya Tilak Puraskar Samaroh.
The Home Minister is yet to confirm that those were terror blasts.
A series of bomb blasts rocked the city of Pune on Wednesday, bringing back the tragic memories of the fateful German Bakery blasts that had claimed 17 lives.
Five low intensity bomb blasts took place within a length of 500 metres of Jangali Maharaj Road. So far one person is said to be injured - the very person carrying the detonators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal