Punish doctors who sexually harass patients: Azad
New Delhi: Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Tuesday said doctors accused of sexual harassment of patients should get exemplary punishment.
His remarks came in the backdrop of two cases of sexual harassment of patients by doctors, one each in Mumbai and Delhi, coming to the fore recently.
"It is most unfortunate and they should be given exemplary punishment by the police and the court," Azad said on the sidelines of a function here.
While a woman was allegedly raped by a doctor at a private Navi Mumbai hospital in semi-conscious condition, another woman, suffering from brain tumour, was reportedly sexually harassed by a doctor in a private hospital in Malviya Nagar area of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5