Punish doctors who sexually harass patients: Azad
New Delhi: Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Tuesday said doctors accused of sexual harassment of patients should get exemplary punishment.
His remarks came in the backdrop of two cases of sexual harassment of patients by doctors, one each in Mumbai and Delhi, coming to the fore recently.
"It is most unfortunate and they should be given exemplary punishment by the police and the court," Azad said on the sidelines of a function here.
While a woman was allegedly raped by a doctor at a private Navi Mumbai hospital in semi-conscious condition, another woman, suffering from brain tumour, was reportedly sexually harassed by a doctor in a private hospital in Malviya Nagar area of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing