Punjab again overdraws power from Northern Grid
New Delhi: States, it appears, have failed to learn from the blackout witnessed on Monday and Tuesday due to overdrawing of power from the grids.
As per data available, the current Northern Grid frequency as of 1 pm is 50.27, the maximum level for safe operations.
Not just Punjab, but almost all northern states were overdrawing power from the grid. Punjab was the biggest defaulter with 500 MW, the Northern Load Dispatch Centre said.
The current demand for power in Punjab was pegged at 7500 MW.
The overdrawing of power continued despite the Power Ministry warning the states not to do so - something which led to tripping of Northern, Eastern and North-Eastern Grids on Monday and Tuesday.
Yesterday’s was the biggest power crisis India has ever faced, with half the nation in dark after Northern and Eastern failed while the NE Grid was also affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!