Punjab again overdraws power from Northern Grid
New Delhi: States, it appears, have failed to learn from the blackout witnessed on Monday and Tuesday due to overdrawing of power from the grids.
As per data available, the current Northern Grid frequency as of 1 pm is 50.27, the maximum level for safe operations.
Not just Punjab, but almost all northern states were overdrawing power from the grid. Punjab was the biggest defaulter with 500 MW, the Northern Load Dispatch Centre said.
The current demand for power in Punjab was pegged at 7500 MW.
The overdrawing of power continued despite the Power Ministry warning the states not to do so - something which led to tripping of Northern, Eastern and North-Eastern Grids on Monday and Tuesday.
Yesterday’s was the biggest power crisis India has ever faced, with half the nation in dark after Northern and Eastern failed while the NE Grid was also affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31