Punjab and Haryana shiver, -1.1 in Hisar
Chandigarh: The temperature fell to minus 1.1 degrees Celsius in Hisar town in Haryana Sunday as a bitter cold enveloped both Haryana and Punjab, officials said.
Hisar was the coldest place in Haryana Sunday. Narnaul town too was freezing with a minimum temperature at zero degrees. This Haryana town had recorded the same minimum temperature Saturday also.
It was 1.6 degrees in Bhiwani.
Chandigarh, which has been experiencing biting cold for three days, had a low of three degrees Sunday.
In Punjab, Patiala town recorded a low of 3.5 degrees while Amritsar had a low of 4.4 degrees.
Met officials said the cold wave will continue for the next three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai