Punjab and Haryana shiver, -1.1 in Hisar
Chandigarh: The temperature fell to minus 1.1 degrees Celsius in Hisar town in Haryana Sunday as a bitter cold enveloped both Haryana and Punjab, officials said.
Hisar was the coldest place in Haryana Sunday. Narnaul town too was freezing with a minimum temperature at zero degrees. This Haryana town had recorded the same minimum temperature Saturday also.
It was 1.6 degrees in Bhiwani.
Chandigarh, which has been experiencing biting cold for three days, had a low of three degrees Sunday.
In Punjab, Patiala town recorded a low of 3.5 degrees while Amritsar had a low of 4.4 degrees.
Met officials said the cold wave will continue for the next three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'