Punjab CM arrives in US, to meet families of shooting victims
Chicago: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, who arrived in the US on a pre-scheduled private trip, would now travel to Wisconsin to meet the families of those Sikh worshippers who were killed in the gurdwara shooting.
In fact, several Cabinet colleagues of Badal are in the US to attend a weekend wedding.
On his arrival at the Chicago airport today, Badal urged the members of the Sikh community in the US to keep "peace and harmony" despite the tragic incident, the worst for the small but strong community in the US.
"Everybody is worried. We never expected such a thing would happen in the US," Badal was quoted as saying by The Chicago Tribune.
Badal was greeted at the Chicago airport by about 100 of his supporters, many of whom said they plan to go to Milwaukee along with the chief minister to meet the victims` families.
40-year-old Wade Michael Page, an army veteran, strode into the gurdwara on Sunday. He opened fire and killed six worshippers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!