Punjab CM mourns Nelson Mandela`s demise
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday paid tributes to anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela and said he is "one of the greatest human beings ever to walk this Earth".
Badal described Mandela`s demise as "an incalculable loss to mankind and a personal loss of an icon who has inspired me all my life."
In a statement issued here, Badal said that the life of Nelson Mandela was "an inspiration to countless millions for many generations who have been waging a struggle for human dignity, freedom, equality and civil rights.
"During long years of incarceration in jail, we often looked up to Nelson Mandela as a source and symbol of strength, fortitude and relentless courage against tyranny, injustice and repression".
The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) holds Nelson Mandela in special esteem because of the similarity of the struggles waged by us and him against a similar enemy, he said.
"We also saw in his victory a vindication of the values we hold so dear," said Badal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living