Punjab, Haryana reel under heat wave conditions
Chandigarh: Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Wednesday continued to reel under sizzling temperatures as severe heat wave continued to sweep the region.
According to the MeT Department sources, the maximum temperatures across the two states today were set to hover between 42-46 degrees Celsius.
Ludhiana yesterday recorded its hottest day of the season so far at 46.3 degrees Celsius.
In recent years, the highest maximum at Ludhiana was recorded on May 27, 2010, when the temperature touched 46.5 deg C, a MeT official said here today, adding the Punjab industrial town`s all-time highest maximum was recorded on May 29, 1944, when the mercury had soared to 48.3 deg C.
Meanwhile, blistering heat continued unabated in Hisar, Gurgaon, Bhiwani, Narnaul, Karnal, Ambala among other places in Haryana.
Chandigarh, too, was reeling under the hot weather conditions for the past over a week.
Amritsar, Patiala, Jalandhar and Ferozepur among other places in Punjab, too, are reeling under the influence of sizzling heat.
According to MeT Department forecast, heat wave to severe heat wave conditions may continue in some parts of Punjab and Haryana during the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot