Punjab, Maharashtra, J`khand, Andhra get new Governors
Chandigarh: Shivraj Patil was sworn in as Punjab Governor at a ceremony here on Friday.
Patil, a former union home minister and ex-Lok Sabha speaker, was administered the oath of office by Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice Mukul Mudgal at the Punjab Raj Bhawan.
As Punjab governor, Patil will also hold the charge of administrator of the union territory of Chandigarh.
Patil has replaced SF Rodrigues, a former Army chief, who completed his tenure as Punjab governor. Patil is the 33rd governor of Punjab.
He is the first political personality in two decades to be made Punjab governor. The post was mostly held by retired generals as Punjab is a frontier state.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, ministers and other dignitaries were present during the swearing-in ceremony.
MOH Farook takes oath as Jharkhand Governor
MOH Farook became the seventh Governor of Jharkhand on Friday, less than a month after Shibu Soren took over as the state`s seventh chief minister.
Farook was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Jharkhand High Court Chief Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra at the Raj Bhavan here.
E Srinivasan Patil sworn in as Andhra Governor
E Srinivasan Lakshmi Narasimhan was today sworn-in as the full-time Governor of
He was administered the oath of office by AP High
Court Chief Justice A Ramesh Dave at a brief function in the
Raj Bhavan at 9.45 am this morning.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, his Cabinet colleagues,
state Chief Secretary S V Prasad and others attended the
A former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the
Andhra Pradesh cadre, Narasimhan was sworn-in as the in charge
Governor of the state on December 28 following the resignation
of Narayan Datt Tiwari after his name figured in a sex
Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Maha Governor
Kateekal Sankaranarayanan was today sworn in as the Governor of Maharashtra here.
The swearing-in of Sankaranarayanan, earlier Governor
of Jharkhand, took place at 10 am at the Raj Bhavan where
Acting Chief Justice of Bombay High Court J N Patel
administered the oath of office to him.
PTI with IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly