Punjab, Maharashtra, J`khand, Andhra get new Governors
Chandigarh: Shivraj Patil was sworn in as Punjab Governor at a ceremony here on Friday.
Patil, a former union home minister and ex-Lok Sabha speaker, was administered the oath of office by Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice Mukul Mudgal at the Punjab Raj Bhawan.
As Punjab governor, Patil will also hold the charge of administrator of the union territory of Chandigarh.
Patil has replaced SF Rodrigues, a former Army chief, who completed his tenure as Punjab governor. Patil is the 33rd governor of Punjab.
He is the first political personality in two decades to be made Punjab governor. The post was mostly held by retired generals as Punjab is a frontier state.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, ministers and other dignitaries were present during the swearing-in ceremony.
MOH Farook takes oath as Jharkhand Governor
MOH Farook became the seventh Governor of Jharkhand on Friday, less than a month after Shibu Soren took over as the state`s seventh chief minister.
Farook was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Jharkhand High Court Chief Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra at the Raj Bhavan here.
E Srinivasan Patil sworn in as Andhra Governor
E Srinivasan Lakshmi Narasimhan was today sworn-in as the full-time Governor of
He was administered the oath of office by AP High
Court Chief Justice A Ramesh Dave at a brief function in the
Raj Bhavan at 9.45 am this morning.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, his Cabinet colleagues,
state Chief Secretary S V Prasad and others attended the
A former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the
Andhra Pradesh cadre, Narasimhan was sworn-in as the in charge
Governor of the state on December 28 following the resignation
of Narayan Datt Tiwari after his name figured in a sex
Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Maha Governor
Kateekal Sankaranarayanan was today sworn in as the Governor of Maharashtra here.
The swearing-in of Sankaranarayanan, earlier Governor
of Jharkhand, took place at 10 am at the Raj Bhavan where
Acting Chief Justice of Bombay High Court J N Patel
administered the oath of office to him.
PTI with IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands