Punjab Police question Tunda for his links with Sikh terror group
New Delhi: Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Abdul Karim Tunda was on Wednesday questioned by Punjab Police over his links with top leadership of Sikh separatist outfit Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) and his role in a 2009 case relating to recovery of 10 kg of RDX in Amritsar.
According to a senior police official, on December 31, 2009, Punjab Police had thwarted a possible terror attack with the recovery of 10 kg of RDX from a car outside a government guest house in Amritsar and arrest of three persons.
During the investigation, the name of Ratandeep Singh, a key BKI operative in the case, figured as the key conspirator behind placing of the explosives to carry out high-intensity blast in Amritsar, police said.
"The explosives recovered from Amritsar were brought to India via Bangladesh from Pakistan. It was Tunda`s associate and fake Indian currency kingpin Iqbal Kana who had provided this consignment which was delivered in India through Tunda`s network," said a police official.
It is also suspected by the Punjab Police that it was Tunda`s network which helped Ratandeep to flee to Nepal from where he moved to Pakistan via Bangladesh, where he is living under the close supervision of ISI, police sources said.
Police also said Tunda had met top BKI bosses Ratandeep and Wadhwa Singh Babbar on several occasions and his network was constantly used to carry out BKI operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog