‘Puppy’ remark depicts Narendra Modi’s childlike heart: Rajiv Pratap Rudy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘puppy’ remark in connection with the 2002 Gujarat riots created a political storm, the Bharatiya Janta Party on Saturday came out in his defence by saying that the remark depicts the leaders’s ‘childlike heart’.
“What Modi has said is sheer compassion, question any child in the country what they would feel, if a puppy comes below the car. The proclamation reveals the compassion, the childlike heart in Narendra Modi, that’s exactly what he’s said,” BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said today.
The BJP further slammed the Congress by saying it was "twisting" what was said by Modi.
"The Congress is in the habit of twisting facts about what Gujarat Chief Minsiter Narendra Modi has to say. They are also in the habit of digging at Modi`s popularity and impeccable integrity," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told a news channel here.
"Now it is clear that there is some kind of hatred against Modi, but the more they (Congress) seek to hate him without any basis, Modi`s popularity is going to rise among the people of the country," he said.
While defending Gujarat CM, Ravi Shankar also said, "Congress party and others are scared of Narendra Modi`s popularity, impeccable integrity, record of governance. Therefore, they are in the habit of twisting facts. What he has said, every creature is worshipped in India and anything wrong happens it is a matter of sadness."
Narendra Modi, in an interview to an international news agency yesterday, had claimed that his administration was above blame in its conduct during the 2002 riots, but he felt bad, just as he might feel bad if a puppy were run over by a car.
The comments raked up a controversy, and were criticised widely. The BJP, as well as Modi himself, have claimed that the remarks were misinterpreted.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report