‘Puppy’ remark depicts Narendra Modi’s childlike heart: Rajiv Pratap Rudy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘puppy’ remark in connection with the 2002 Gujarat riots created a political storm, the Bharatiya Janta Party on Saturday came out in his defence by saying that the remark depicts the leaders’s ‘childlike heart’.
“What Modi has said is sheer compassion, question any child in the country what they would feel, if a puppy comes below the car. The proclamation reveals the compassion, the childlike heart in Narendra Modi, that’s exactly what he’s said,” BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said today.
The BJP further slammed the Congress by saying it was "twisting" what was said by Modi.
"The Congress is in the habit of twisting facts about what Gujarat Chief Minsiter Narendra Modi has to say. They are also in the habit of digging at Modi`s popularity and impeccable integrity," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told a news channel here.
"Now it is clear that there is some kind of hatred against Modi, but the more they (Congress) seek to hate him without any basis, Modi`s popularity is going to rise among the people of the country," he said.
While defending Gujarat CM, Ravi Shankar also said, "Congress party and others are scared of Narendra Modi`s popularity, impeccable integrity, record of governance. Therefore, they are in the habit of twisting facts. What he has said, every creature is worshipped in India and anything wrong happens it is a matter of sadness."
Narendra Modi, in an interview to an international news agency yesterday, had claimed that his administration was above blame in its conduct during the 2002 riots, but he felt bad, just as he might feel bad if a puppy were run over by a car.
The comments raked up a controversy, and were criticised widely. The BJP, as well as Modi himself, have claimed that the remarks were misinterpreted.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- I was more focused after Centennial Park bombing: Leander Paes
- AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya arrested from press conference
- NASA technology finds bacteria's role in breast cancer
- HORRIFIC! Man kills wife, her 3 daughters, lives with their bodies for two days in Chennai
- Dolled up in pastel! Aditi Rao Hydari puts her best foot forward at IIFA 2016