Puri Shankaracharya invites Kashmiri separatists to Kumbh Mela
Jammu: Terming the Kashmir issue as a political one, Puri Shankaracharya, Swami Adhokshjanand Tirtha on Thursday said dialogue was the only way out and onus of bringing peace in the region lies on Delhi.
"Kashmir issue is a political one-- It is for Delhi to bring out a solution," he said.
"I am of the opinion that talks are the only way to bring peace and solution to any issue-- The people of Jammu and Kashmir, whether separatists or from mainstream, should be included in the talks," Puri Shankeracharya told reporters here.
Swami Adhokshjanand Tirtha heads one of the four main religious seats of Hindus in the country and was on a 8-day long visit of Kashmir Valley and pilgrimage to Amarnath shrine.
"All the stake-holders who are affected from this situation should be involved in the talks," Puri Seer said.
He met hard-line separatist leader Ali Shah Geelani, moderate Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front Chairman, Yasin Malik.
"I met separatist leaders Syed Ali Shah Geelani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Yasin Malik and invited them take part in Kumbh Mela," he said.
Talking about Kashmiri Pandits, he said they are the natives of Kashmir and the state is incomplete without them.
"Government should make conducive environment for honourable and safe return of KPs to Valley," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks