Puri Shankaracharya supports Ramdev`s eviction
New Delhi: Supporting the government`s action against Ramdev, Puri Shankaracharya Adhokshajanand Dev on Sunday blamed the yoga guru for all the trouble and said he should give up the saffron robe.
"Ramdev is responsible for all the disturbances. He hid
the truth from his followers (about the deal struck with the
government). He should apologise to them...He was misusing the
saffron cloth for some years now. What happened (forceful
eviction from New Delhi) is fine. He should not wear the
saffron robe," he said.
He also accused Ramdev of having commercial interests in
mind and said the yoga guru resorted to actions which were
against the basic tenets of a saint.
"People who become gurus should give up commercial
activities...Gurus and saints lead a life of renunciation and
work for the welfare of others. Ramdev had commercial
interests in mind and joined hands with forces fomenting
trouble in the country. Therefore he should not be counted in
the category of gurus," the seer told reporters here after
meeting HRD Minister Kapil Sibal.
He also rubbished Opposition`s criticism against the
police action, saying, "People who are criticising the police
action are themselves corrupt and responsible for mass murder.
Narendra Modi (Gujarat Chief Minister) like people must be
saying this. They should first look into their own deeds."
Social activist Swami Agnivesh had also met Sibal
yesterday and had condemned the government`s action against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says