Pursue blast cases with RSS leaders` links fast: CPI(M)
New Delhi: With CBI interrogating some RSS leaders for their alleged links with Hindu terror groups, CPI(M) on Sunday asked the government to pursue the cases on a fast track basis without compromise so that the true nature of their terrorist activities were revealed.
Noting that the interrogation of RSS leaders was a "serious development", the party Polit Bureau said, Hindutva terror groups were suspected to be behind the bomb blasts
targeting minority community in at least three incidents in Malegaon (Maharashtra), Ajmer Sharif (Rajasthan) and Mecca Masjid (Hyderabad).
"At least now, it must pursue the cases on a fast track basis without compromise so that the true nature of these terrorist activities are revealed," it said in a statement.
That RSS pracharaks are suspected to be linked to such elements cannot be put down to "individual aberrations but it is precisely the hatred filled irrational propaganda by the
RSS which is responsible", the party alleged, adding that the UPA has been "tardy" in investigating these links.
It reminded that the party had in 2006 demanded in Parliament a comprehensive inquiry to probe whether there was a wider network in operation in the context of the Nanded bomb blasts and the blast at the RSS office in Coimbatore, which it was "later found" that RSS workers themselves had engineered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'