Pursue `Hindutva terror` cases on fast track: CPI-M
New Delhi: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) on Sunday asked the government to speed up the terror cases linked with "Hindutva terror groups" and RSS functionaries.
"The interrogation of some responsible RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh) functionaries in Uttar Pradesh on their links with Hindutva terror groups is a serious development," the CPI-M politburo said in a statement here.
It said "Hindutva terror groups" were suspected to be behind the bomb blasts targeting the minority community in at least three incidents in Malegaon, Ajmer Sharif and Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad in which innocent people were killed.
"That RSS pracharaks (functionaries) are suspected to be linked to such elements. This cannot be put down to individual aberrations but it is precisely the hatred filled irrational propaganda and inculcation of rabid anti-minorityism by the RSS which is responsible," the statement said.
The CPI-M said the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) has been tardy in investigating these links which have been raised in different fora repeatedly.
The politburo said the CPI-M had demanded in parliament a "comprehensive inquiry to probe whether there was a wider network in operation" in the context of the Nanded bomb blasts and the blast at the RSS office in Coimbatore, "which it was later found that RSS workers themselves had engineered."
"The government did not act. At least now, it must pursue the cases on a fast track without compromise so that the true nature of these terrorist activities are revealed," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!