Pursue `Hindutva terror` cases on fast track: CPI-M
New Delhi: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) on Sunday asked the government to speed up the terror cases linked with "Hindutva terror groups" and RSS functionaries.
"The interrogation of some responsible RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh) functionaries in Uttar Pradesh on their links with Hindutva terror groups is a serious development," the CPI-M politburo said in a statement here.
It said "Hindutva terror groups" were suspected to be behind the bomb blasts targeting the minority community in at least three incidents in Malegaon, Ajmer Sharif and Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad in which innocent people were killed.
"That RSS pracharaks (functionaries) are suspected to be linked to such elements. This cannot be put down to individual aberrations but it is precisely the hatred filled irrational propaganda and inculcation of rabid anti-minorityism by the RSS which is responsible," the statement said.
The CPI-M said the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) has been tardy in investigating these links which have been raised in different fora repeatedly.
The politburo said the CPI-M had demanded in parliament a "comprehensive inquiry to probe whether there was a wider network in operation" in the context of the Nanded bomb blasts and the blast at the RSS office in Coimbatore, "which it was later found that RSS workers themselves had engineered."
"The government did not act. At least now, it must pursue the cases on a fast track without compromise so that the true nature of these terrorist activities are revealed," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says