Pursue `Hindutva terror` cases on fast track: CPI-M
New Delhi: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) on Sunday asked the government to speed up the terror cases linked with "Hindutva terror groups" and RSS functionaries.
"The interrogation of some responsible RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh) functionaries in Uttar Pradesh on their links with Hindutva terror groups is a serious development," the CPI-M politburo said in a statement here.
It said "Hindutva terror groups" were suspected to be behind the bomb blasts targeting the minority community in at least three incidents in Malegaon, Ajmer Sharif and Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad in which innocent people were killed.
"That RSS pracharaks (functionaries) are suspected to be linked to such elements. This cannot be put down to individual aberrations but it is precisely the hatred filled irrational propaganda and inculcation of rabid anti-minorityism by the RSS which is responsible," the statement said.
The CPI-M said the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) has been tardy in investigating these links which have been raised in different fora repeatedly.
The politburo said the CPI-M had demanded in parliament a "comprehensive inquiry to probe whether there was a wider network in operation" in the context of the Nanded bomb blasts and the blast at the RSS office in Coimbatore, "which it was later found that RSS workers themselves had engineered."
"The government did not act. At least now, it must pursue the cases on a fast track without compromise so that the true nature of these terrorist activities are revealed," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside