Put in place Sachar report or be ready to go: Mulayam to UPA
Lucknow: Handing a warning to the UPA, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday said the Centre should immediately implement the Sachar Committee recommendations for the welfare of Muslims, failing which it will have to go out of power.
"Either the recommendations of the Sachar Committee should be implemented, or the Congress (led) government at the Centre will have to go," Mulayam said at a function attended by minorities here.
The Rajinder Sachar Committee was appointed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for preparing a report on the social, economic and educational status of Muslims and was tabled in Parliament in 2006.
Alleging that the recommendations of the committee like quota for Muslims have been put on back-burner, Mulayam blamed Congress for the present state of Muslims in the country.
He said the SP always worked for promotion of Urdu language and Madarsas, and is making arrangements to create educational infrastructure in minority-dominated areas.
The SP leader also asked the BJP to change its approach towards the minority community and rethink over its stand on issues like Babri Masjid-Ram Janmabhoomi and Article 370.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state