Quake jolts India-Myanmar border
Hong Kong: An earthquake measuring 5.6 on the Richter scale jolted the India-Myanmar border region early Sunday, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.
The quake occurred at 1.25 a.m. Sunday (1955 GMT Saturday), 43 km east-south-east of Kohima, capital of India`s Nagaland state. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) put the magnitude at 5.5.
According to Xinhua, the epicentre, with at a depth of 6.5 km, was determined to be at 25.4 degrees north latitude and 94.4 degrees east longitude.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'