Quake jolts India-Myanmar border
Hong Kong: An earthquake measuring 5.6 on the Richter scale jolted the India-Myanmar border region early Sunday, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.
The quake occurred at 1.25 a.m. Sunday (1955 GMT Saturday), 43 km east-south-east of Kohima, capital of India`s Nagaland state. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) put the magnitude at 5.5.
According to Xinhua, the epicentre, with at a depth of 6.5 km, was determined to be at 25.4 degrees north latitude and 94.4 degrees east longitude.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan