Quality edu institutions needed to future challenges: Sibal
Kozhikode: Stressing the need to set up quality educational institutions to meet future challenges, Union Human Resources Development Minister Kapil Sibal on Sunday sought adopting innovative methodology in devising syllubi for professional and vocational courses.
"We need to get rid of old mindset and allow students to
chose vocation by evaluating area of their interest and the
academia, industry and the government must come together to
devise innovative educational system that could address
challenges of the 21st century, Kapil Sibal said at function
hosted by city-based Malabar Chamber of Commerce on the
occastion of its 80th anniversary.
Emphasising the need to build quality education by allowing
students to chose vocation of their choice, Sibal asked state
governments to allow more freedom to the academic community
to devise curricula in tune with "contextual challenges of
The industry, academia and the State must be prepared to
work together to set up more vocational and para-medical
courses in view of their high stake in country`s GDP and to
brige the widening gap demand and supply of the specialised
category of professionals, he said.
He said the Centre was proposing to start a plus-two level
course in animation technology in view of recent demand made
by film industry in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation