Quattrocchi case: BJP accuses Govt of brasen miuse of CBI
New Delhi: In a strong reaction to the
filing of closure report by CBI in the Ottavio Quattrocchi
case, BJP on Friday said this is "brazen misuse" of the agency and
insisted that there is "no closure of truth".
"The acceptance of the closure request filed by CBI is
an indicator of the extent to which the Congress government
went to save Quattrocchi, who was close to some powerful
people in the party... But Congress should remember that there
is no closure of truth," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad
He insisted that in a similar case relating to Bofors
kickbacks accused Win Chadha being tried by a Tribunal, the "
entire evidence against Quattrocchi" was presented. Prasad
maintained that this included details of his slush funds, bank
accounts and involvement of middlemen in the deal.
"Yet, instead of filing a case against Quattrocchi, CBI
said there is nothing to be investigated. This is the most
brazen misuse of CBI," Prasad said.
A Delhi court today allowed a CBI plea seeking
withdrawal of prosecution against Quattrocchi in the
two-decade-old Bofors payoff case.
"The application of the CBI is allowed," Chief
Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav said.
"If the logical conclusion of a case is not possible
then it is better to leave the issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read