Quattrocchi case: BJP accuses Govt of brasen miuse of CBI
New Delhi: In a strong reaction to the
filing of closure report by CBI in the Ottavio Quattrocchi
case, BJP on Friday said this is "brazen misuse" of the agency and
insisted that there is "no closure of truth".
"The acceptance of the closure request filed by CBI is
an indicator of the extent to which the Congress government
went to save Quattrocchi, who was close to some powerful
people in the party... But Congress should remember that there
is no closure of truth," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad
He insisted that in a similar case relating to Bofors
kickbacks accused Win Chadha being tried by a Tribunal, the "
entire evidence against Quattrocchi" was presented. Prasad
maintained that this included details of his slush funds, bank
accounts and involvement of middlemen in the deal.
"Yet, instead of filing a case against Quattrocchi, CBI
said there is nothing to be investigated. This is the most
brazen misuse of CBI," Prasad said.
A Delhi court today allowed a CBI plea seeking
withdrawal of prosecution against Quattrocchi in the
two-decade-old Bofors payoff case.
"The application of the CBI is allowed," Chief
Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav said.
"If the logical conclusion of a case is not possible
then it is better to leave the issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH