Question Hour returns to original schedule in RS
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha on Monday reverted to the practice of conducting Question Hour as first business of the day, after the experiment of scheduling it in the
afternoon did not find support from different political parties.
The Question Hour was conducted in the afternoon during the Budget session at the direction of Chairman Hamid Ansari, as he found that the House was not able to conduct the important business because of frequent disruptions.
However, the new timing did not apparently suit the daily schedule of political leaders and even some ministers, sources said.
Even as the House returned to the old practice, the Opposition forced adjournment on various issues soon after Chairman read out the obituary statement on the opening day of the Monsoon session.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- IRNSS-1G launch: PM Modi lauds ISRO, says it's a great gift to people of India from scientists
- SHOCKING VIDEO: OMG! This bowler was almost killed after being hit on face by ball...
- Sniffing rosemary helps improve brain power of old people
- After Uyghur activist Dolkun Isa, India cancels visa of Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua
- MUST WATCH: Amazing speech by BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu blasting Congress