Question Hour returns to original schedule in RS
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha on Monday reverted to the practice of conducting Question Hour as first business of the day, after the experiment of scheduling it in the
afternoon did not find support from different political parties.
The Question Hour was conducted in the afternoon during the Budget session at the direction of Chairman Hamid Ansari, as he found that the House was not able to conduct the important business because of frequent disruptions.
However, the new timing did not apparently suit the daily schedule of political leaders and even some ministers, sources said.
Even as the House returned to the old practice, the Opposition forced adjournment on various issues soon after Chairman read out the obituary statement on the opening day of the Monsoon session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened