Question Hour returns to original schedule in RS
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha on Monday reverted to the practice of conducting Question Hour as first business of the day, after the experiment of scheduling it in the
afternoon did not find support from different political parties.
The Question Hour was conducted in the afternoon during the Budget session at the direction of Chairman Hamid Ansari, as he found that the House was not able to conduct the important business because of frequent disruptions.
However, the new timing did not apparently suit the daily schedule of political leaders and even some ministers, sources said.
Even as the House returned to the old practice, the Opposition forced adjournment on various issues soon after Chairman read out the obituary statement on the opening day of the Monsoon session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why