Question Hour shifts to 2 pm in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha
was taken up at 2 PM instead of 11 AM after Chairman Hamid
Ansari announced change in the order of business in view of
Ansari who presides over the House during Question Hour in
the morning today came in the afternoon as well.
Shifting of Question Hour, during which the government is
made to answer on key issues, was the brainchild of the
Chairman, who felt precious time was wasted by disruptions
over various matters.
Questions relating to health, petroleum, finance and
animal protection were taken up with the members quizzing the
While announcing change in the order last week, Ansari had
said, "Members tend to raise matters of concern at the expense
of the Question Hour."
The Question Hour will be from 2 to 3 in the afternoon
everyday except Fridays when it would be from 2.30 pm to 3.30 pm.
The change has been made under Rule 38 of the Rules of
Procedure and Conduct of Business after consultation. Under
this rule, the Chairman has the power to change the order of
Ansari said the House would start with "Matters Raised
with Permission of the Chair", generally known as `Zero Hour`
business, which is normally taken up at noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah