Question Hour shifts to 2 pm in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha
was taken up at 2 PM instead of 11 AM after Chairman Hamid
Ansari announced change in the order of business in view of
Ansari who presides over the House during Question Hour in
the morning today came in the afternoon as well.
Shifting of Question Hour, during which the government is
made to answer on key issues, was the brainchild of the
Chairman, who felt precious time was wasted by disruptions
over various matters.
Questions relating to health, petroleum, finance and
animal protection were taken up with the members quizzing the
While announcing change in the order last week, Ansari had
said, "Members tend to raise matters of concern at the expense
of the Question Hour."
The Question Hour will be from 2 to 3 in the afternoon
everyday except Fridays when it would be from 2.30 pm to 3.30 pm.
The change has been made under Rule 38 of the Rules of
Procedure and Conduct of Business after consultation. Under
this rule, the Chairman has the power to change the order of
Ansari said the House would start with "Matters Raised
with Permission of the Chair", generally known as `Zero Hour`
business, which is normally taken up at noon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview