Quota for Dalit Christians, Muslims?
New Delhi: Is denial of the Scheduled Caste reservations to Dalit Christians and Muslims - as available to Hindus, Sikh, and Buddhists - violative of Article 14 of the Constitution? The Supreme Court on Friday said it will hold a hearing on the question.
An apex court bench headed by Chief Justice SH Kapadia said this involved an important question of the validity of the Supreme Court order issued under Article 341 of the Constitution.
The bench, while appointing a senior counsel as amicus curiae to assist the court, impleaded the National Commission for Minorities and the National Commission for Scheduled Castes in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'