Quota for Dalit Christians, Muslims?
New Delhi: Is denial of the Scheduled Caste reservations to Dalit Christians and Muslims - as available to Hindus, Sikh, and Buddhists - violative of Article 14 of the Constitution? The Supreme Court on Friday said it will hold a hearing on the question.
An apex court bench headed by Chief Justice SH Kapadia said this involved an important question of the validity of the Supreme Court order issued under Article 341 of the Constitution.
The bench, while appointing a senior counsel as amicus curiae to assist the court, impleaded the National Commission for Minorities and the National Commission for Scheduled Castes in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees