Quota for Dalit Christians, Muslims?
New Delhi: Is denial of the Scheduled Caste reservations to Dalit Christians and Muslims - as available to Hindus, Sikh, and Buddhists - violative of Article 14 of the Constitution? The Supreme Court on Friday said it will hold a hearing on the question.
An apex court bench headed by Chief Justice SH Kapadia said this involved an important question of the validity of the Supreme Court order issued under Article 341 of the Constitution.
The bench, while appointing a senior counsel as amicus curiae to assist the court, impleaded the National Commission for Minorities and the National Commission for Scheduled Castes in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof