Quota for Dalit Christians, Muslims?
New Delhi: Is denial of the Scheduled Caste reservations to Dalit Christians and Muslims - as available to Hindus, Sikh, and Buddhists - violative of Article 14 of the Constitution? The Supreme Court on Friday said it will hold a hearing on the question.
An apex court bench headed by Chief Justice SH Kapadia said this involved an important question of the validity of the Supreme Court order issued under Article 341 of the Constitution.
The bench, while appointing a senior counsel as amicus curiae to assist the court, impleaded the National Commission for Minorities and the National Commission for Scheduled Castes in the matter.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Total prohibition decision dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi: Nitish
- Centre buys 2,300 tonnes of onion so far to build buffer
- Revealed! Sanjay Dutt opens up about his comeback plans
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016
- Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar Pranav Pandya nominated to Rajya Sabha