R-Day: IAF bags best marching contingent award
New Delhi: The Indian Air Force has
bagged the `Best Marching Contingent` award amongst the three
Services at this year`s Republic Day Parade while the Indo-
Tibetan Border Police has been adjudged the best amongst the
More than 10 contingents of the three Services marched
on the Rajpath and included horse-mounted columns of Army`s 61
Cavalry, Punjab Regiment, Grenadiers Regiment, Rajputana
Rifles Regiment, Rajput Regiment, Sikh Light Infantry
Regiment, Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry, 3 Gorkha Rifles
and the Territorial Army along with a column each of the navy
and the Air Force.
The marching contingents of paramilitary and other
auxiliary civil forces included Border Security Force, Assam
Rifles, Coast Guard, Central Reserve Police Force,
Indo-Tibetan Border Police, Central Industrial Security Force,
Sashastra Seema Bal, Railway Protection Force, Delhi Police,
National Cadet Corps and National Service Scheme.
Among the 23 tableaux showcasing their respective
states and ministries, the tableau from Delhi, with its theme
of cultural and religious harmony in the national capital, has
bagged the coveted first prize.
The awards to the winning contingents would be given
away by Defence Minister AK Antony on Monday.
The Karnataka tableau, depicting the exotic handicraft
of Bidriware from Bidar region, and Jammu & Kashmir tableau,
portraying the Bhand Pather folk theatre from Kashmir Valley,
has won the Second and Third Prize respectively in this
Among the five School Children Items that took part in
the Parade, the ‘Bhangra’ dance from Punjab, performed by
children from the North Zone Cultural Centre, Patiala has been
adjudged the best.
‘Rangeelo Rajasthan’, presented by Government Girls
Senior Secondary School, Amalwas, Delhi, has been given a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared