R-Day parade rehearsal: Commuters face traffic problems
New Delhi: The Republic Day parade
rehearsal at Rajpath on Thursday created problems for commuters
headed towards Connaught Place and East Delhi.
The rehearsal was conducted at Rajpath-- from Vijay Chowk
to India Gate-- and traffic on the 1.5 km stretch was made out
of bounds for vehicles, besides restricting its movement on
Many people, who were caught unawares of the rehearsal
and were driving via Rajpath to reach Connaught Place, had to
take other routes to reach their destinations.
A senior police official said they had issued advisories
in advance about the rehearsal.
The full-dress rehearsal will be held on Saturday and
similar traffic conditions are expected on that day too, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack