R-Day: Prez hosts `At Home` at Rashtrapati Bhavan
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil on Wednesday
hosted the customary "At Home" at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on
the occasion of Republic Day.
Over 2,000 guests were invited for the event held on the
sprawling lawns of the Mughal Garden.
The President along with her Indonesian counterpart and
chief guest of this year`s Republic Day Susilo Bambang
Yudhoyono greeted the guests.
Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar were among the
dignitaries were present.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi was not present at the
Diplomatic corps including High Commissioner of Pakistan
Shaukat Aziz was seen chit-chatting with Army Chief General V
K Singh and newly appointed Minister of State for External
Affairs E Ahamed.
Marshal of the Air Force Arjan Singh, whose rank is
equivalent to a Field Marshal, and the three services Chiefs
were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?