Rabindra Sangeet exponent Ritu Guha dies
Kolkata: Noted Rabindra Sangeet exponent
Ritu Guha died here this evening after complaining of
breathing problem, family members said.
She was 74.
Guha suffered from breathing trouble today and was
rushed to the hospital. She died on the way to hospital,
family members said.
The singer is survived by husband, noted writer Buddhadeb
Guha, and two daughters.
Guha is remembered for her famous Tagore songs like
`Eki labanye purnapran`, `Majha majhe tabo`, `Aha tomar sange`
and `Shrabaner dhara`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?