Racial attacks: Indian student assaulted in Australia
Melbourne: After a brief lull in attacks on Indians in Australia, a student from the community was attacked with a "plank of wood or a baseball bat" by two men which left him with 20 stitches in his head.
The 28-year-old student, whose name is not known immediately, was attacked by the men after he got down from a bus at Keilor Plains train station on Tuesday.
He has been left with 20 stitches in his head after an "unprovoked" attack in Melbourne`s north-west, the `Age` newspaper reported.
"The victim got off a bus at Keilor Plains train station at 12.15am on September 29 and was walking down Power Street when he was approached by two men," police said.
They asked him for a cigarette and he gave one to both of them. As he turned to walk away, the man was hit over the head at least six times with what he believes was a "plank of wood or a baseball bat", they said.
He was knocked unconscious and the offenders made off with his backpack, police were quoted as saying by the newspaper.
Around 30 Indian students were attacked in various cities from June to August. Last month, three Indians were "brutally bashed" by a group of around 70 youth while playing
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis