Radia tapes not restricted to 2G spectrum alone: SC
New Delhi: Scrutiny of the tapped conversations of former corporate lobbyist Niira Radia with influential people has revealed that they were not restricted to 2G spectrum alone and "throw light on different" spheres including, recruitment of members in Railway Board, the Supreme Court said on Friday.
The apex court, which perused the confidential reports of the 10-member committee, said the scrutiny of call details of Radia with politicians, corporates and others reflect the issues concerning national security and appointments of members in Railway Board.
Observing that "the recent issue concerning the Railway Board Member" also comes to light on scrutiny of the intercepted conversations of Radia, a bench of justices GS Singhvi and V Gopal Gowda said, "actually money is paid".
However, it cautioned that "there should not be one-sided view" and there should be a thorough probe supported by material as the issues are "extremely serious".
"On the aspect of the security of the nation, the report is hazy but extremely serious and needs thorough scrutiny of the call details. We would not like to have it unless some substantial material is found.
"They are throwing light on different aspects. Our perception was that everything was related to spectrum etc but it is far more wide and different altogether. There is serious cloud on some of the issues," the bench observed.
"On national security, you (CBI) have to be very cautious which we pointed out. Till something is found, it should not become a matter of speculation because it harms the national interest. The agencies involved must be given enough time to completely look into the matter," the bench said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you