Radia tapes: Who leaked the info?
Chennai: The Centre would probe whether any
official information was leaked to corporate lobbyist Niira
Radia by BJP General Secretary Ananth Kumar when he was the
Civil Aviation Minister during NDA regime, Union Minister of
State for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy said Monday.
"The government at the Centre will investigate and find out
whether any official decision was leaked to Radia by Kumar
when he was Civil Aviation Minister during NDA regime. The
sharing of official information is an anti national act,"
Narayanasamy told reporters here today.
Narayanasamy said Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has called
for an all party meeting in New Delhi on December 30 and 31 to
sort out the issue regarding the stalling of the Parlimament.
Terming the BJP`s action of stalling Parliament proceedings
for 22 days consecutively demanding a JPC probe into the 2G
spectrum issue as "anti-democratic", he said "Its (BJP)
decision to stall the Parliament is also a political one".
He said the Centre had incurred a loss of Rs 33 crore due
to the stalling of Parliament proceedings for 22 days by the
"Many of the parties demanding for JPC probe in the 2G
spectrum scam issue may not be able to have their
representative in the JPC since a political party needed at
least 17 members in the Parliament to have its nominee in it",
Claiming that Public Accounts Committee (PAC) has ample of
powers to investigate 2G spectrum allotment and the loss
incurred to the government, he said all the central agencies
including CBI, Enforcement Directorate and Income Tax
department would assist the PAC.
To a question why the Congress was adamant on not to set up
a JPC to probe the spectrum issue, Narayanasamy said "going by
the past experience, the JPC probe is ineffective."
"The JPCs that probed the Bofors gun deal, the two
securities/stock market scams and the pesticides in Colas did
not come out with any bigger findings", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police