Radia tapes: Who leaked the info?
Chennai: The Centre would probe whether any
official information was leaked to corporate lobbyist Niira
Radia by BJP General Secretary Ananth Kumar when he was the
Civil Aviation Minister during NDA regime, Union Minister of
State for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy said Monday.
"The government at the Centre will investigate and find out
whether any official decision was leaked to Radia by Kumar
when he was Civil Aviation Minister during NDA regime. The
sharing of official information is an anti national act,"
Narayanasamy told reporters here today.
Narayanasamy said Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has called
for an all party meeting in New Delhi on December 30 and 31 to
sort out the issue regarding the stalling of the Parlimament.
Terming the BJP`s action of stalling Parliament proceedings
for 22 days consecutively demanding a JPC probe into the 2G
spectrum issue as "anti-democratic", he said "Its (BJP)
decision to stall the Parliament is also a political one".
He said the Centre had incurred a loss of Rs 33 crore due
to the stalling of Parliament proceedings for 22 days by the
"Many of the parties demanding for JPC probe in the 2G
spectrum scam issue may not be able to have their
representative in the JPC since a political party needed at
least 17 members in the Parliament to have its nominee in it",
Claiming that Public Accounts Committee (PAC) has ample of
powers to investigate 2G spectrum allotment and the loss
incurred to the government, he said all the central agencies
including CBI, Enforcement Directorate and Income Tax
department would assist the PAC.
To a question why the Congress was adamant on not to set up
a JPC to probe the spectrum issue, Narayanasamy said "going by
the past experience, the JPC probe is ineffective."
"The JPCs that probed the Bofors gun deal, the two
securities/stock market scams and the pesticides in Colas did
not come out with any bigger findings", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey