Raghav Rajan is Bitti Mohanty – documentary proof found?
Puttaparthi: In what is the first documentary proof that blows the lid off Raghav Rajan’s claim of not being Bitti Mohanty, the Kerala Police has reportedly recovered the photocopy of the ID proof of Bitti’s father, former Orissa DGP BB Mohanty, from the house rented by his son in Puttaparthi.
Bitti Mohanty, who jumped parole in 2006 while serving sentence in Rajasthan had been living in Kerala as ‘Raghav Rajan’ and secured a job in State Bank of Travancore.
Bitti, who was picked up by police on March 08 was living in Kannur. Strangely, Bitti had not vacated his rented apartment in Puttaparthi where he had earlier lived for two years.
As part of the probe a team from the Kerala Police had come here to probe his two years in the ashram town. Apart from the ID proof, the sleuths have also found some fake documents along with a laptop and printer, reports said.
Bitti, son of BB Mohanty, a former director general of police in Odisha, was sentenced to seven years imprisonment in 2006 for raping the German woman in Alwar. He jumped parole the same year and had been on the run ever since.
BB Mohanty was accused of aiding his son`s escape and was suspended but later reinstated. He retired in 2012.
A team of police investigators will arrive in Rajasthan with Bitti on Thursday. He was sent to 10-day police custody on Monday.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi