Rahat case: DRI conducts searches at event management company
Mumbai: Sleuths of Directorate of Revenue
Intelligence (DRI) Monday carried out searches at an event management company here in connection with alleged recovery of
over one lakh US dollars from noted Pakistani singer Rahat
Fateh Ali Khan at Delhi`s IGI airport.
The DRI officials swooped at the premises of "Eyeline
Telefilm and Events", owned by Chitresh Shrivastava, elder
brother of bollywood singer Aadesh Shrivastava, and searched
Sources privy to the investigations claimed that the
sleuths found Rs 51 lakh in cash which was seized besides some
documents which could be helpful in the probe being carried
out by the DRI.
Efforts to contact Aadesh did not fructify while
another brother of his, Vishal Shrivastava disconnected the
phone call made to him for his reaction about the search.
The sources said questioning of Chitresh, who was also
been detained yesterday, was being carried out on the alleged
cash seizure made from his Mumbai premises.
Rahat (37) and his entire troupe, numbering around 16,
including his another manager Maroof and event manager were
detained. The troupe was on in its way to Lahore via Dubai by
an Emirates flight.
The DRI had allegedly seized foreign currency totalling
1.24 lakh US dollars from the troupe and the questioning of
Rahat and other members was continuing today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof