Rahat case: DRI conducts searches at event management company
Mumbai: Sleuths of Directorate of Revenue
Intelligence (DRI) Monday carried out searches at an event management company here in connection with alleged recovery of
over one lakh US dollars from noted Pakistani singer Rahat
Fateh Ali Khan at Delhi`s IGI airport.
The DRI officials swooped at the premises of "Eyeline
Telefilm and Events", owned by Chitresh Shrivastava, elder
brother of bollywood singer Aadesh Shrivastava, and searched
Sources privy to the investigations claimed that the
sleuths found Rs 51 lakh in cash which was seized besides some
documents which could be helpful in the probe being carried
out by the DRI.
Efforts to contact Aadesh did not fructify while
another brother of his, Vishal Shrivastava disconnected the
phone call made to him for his reaction about the search.
The sources said questioning of Chitresh, who was also
been detained yesterday, was being carried out on the alleged
cash seizure made from his Mumbai premises.
Rahat (37) and his entire troupe, numbering around 16,
including his another manager Maroof and event manager were
detained. The troupe was on in its way to Lahore via Dubai by
an Emirates flight.
The DRI had allegedly seized foreign currency totalling
1.24 lakh US dollars from the troupe and the questioning of
Rahat and other members was continuing today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH
- Gujarat Assembly ratifies GST Bill unanimously