Rahul accepts Bilawal’s invitation to visit Pak
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi has accepted Bilawal Bhutto Zardari’s invitation to visit Pakistan.
Bilawal is accompanying his father President Asif Ali Zardari during his daylong personal visit to India.
Bilawal and Rahul Gandhi met for 40 minutes during which the PPP co-chairman was also invited by Rahul Gandhi to visit India again, The News reports.
The talks between Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and President Zardari today was constructive and held in an atmosphere of peace and tranquillity with both sides expressing satisfaction.
Thanking Dr Singh for hosting him on his private visit, Zardari said India and Pakistan are neighbours and would like to have better relations. He also invited the Indian Prime Minister to visit Pakistan.
"I would like to wish the people of India salaam alaikum. I am grateful to Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India, for inviting me for lunch although I am on a private visit here. We have had some very fruitful bilateral talks together," said Zardari.
"India and Pakistan are neighbours, we would like to have better relations with India. We have spoken on all topics that we wanted to and we are hoping to meet on Pakistan soil very soon," he added.
The Indian Prime Minister on his part expressed satisfaction with the talks, and said both nations are willing to find practical, pragmatic solutions to all issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday