Rahul accepts Bilawal’s invitation to visit Pak
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi has accepted Bilawal Bhutto Zardari’s invitation to visit Pakistan.
Bilawal is accompanying his father President Asif Ali Zardari during his daylong personal visit to India.
Bilawal and Rahul Gandhi met for 40 minutes during which the PPP co-chairman was also invited by Rahul Gandhi to visit India again, The News reports.
The talks between Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and President Zardari today was constructive and held in an atmosphere of peace and tranquillity with both sides expressing satisfaction.
Thanking Dr Singh for hosting him on his private visit, Zardari said India and Pakistan are neighbours and would like to have better relations. He also invited the Indian Prime Minister to visit Pakistan.
"I would like to wish the people of India salaam alaikum. I am grateful to Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India, for inviting me for lunch although I am on a private visit here. We have had some very fruitful bilateral talks together," said Zardari.
"India and Pakistan are neighbours, we would like to have better relations with India. We have spoken on all topics that we wanted to and we are hoping to meet on Pakistan soil very soon," he added.
The Indian Prime Minister on his part expressed satisfaction with the talks, and said both nations are willing to find practical, pragmatic solutions to all issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Damn funny! This is how every rich girl in the world is like—Watch video
- West Indies vs India: We need to work hard to make series even, says Phil Simmons
- Lindsay told me she's pregnant: Father
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump for 'selling fear'; endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency
- India vs West Indies, 2nd Test: Virat Kohli and co get into Jamaican groove with heavy work-out