Rahul accepts Bilawal’s invitation to visit Pak
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi has accepted Bilawal Bhutto Zardari’s invitation to visit Pakistan.
Bilawal is accompanying his father President Asif Ali Zardari during his daylong personal visit to India.
Bilawal and Rahul Gandhi met for 40 minutes during which the PPP co-chairman was also invited by Rahul Gandhi to visit India again, The News reports.
The talks between Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and President Zardari today was constructive and held in an atmosphere of peace and tranquillity with both sides expressing satisfaction.
Thanking Dr Singh for hosting him on his private visit, Zardari said India and Pakistan are neighbours and would like to have better relations. He also invited the Indian Prime Minister to visit Pakistan.
"I would like to wish the people of India salaam alaikum. I am grateful to Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India, for inviting me for lunch although I am on a private visit here. We have had some very fruitful bilateral talks together," said Zardari.
"India and Pakistan are neighbours, we would like to have better relations with India. We have spoken on all topics that we wanted to and we are hoping to meet on Pakistan soil very soon," he added.
The Indian Prime Minister on his part expressed satisfaction with the talks, and said both nations are willing to find practical, pragmatic solutions to all issues.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India