Rahul asks Cong workers in MP to fight for people`s rights
Bhopal: Expressing disappointment over Congress` defeat in the recent Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh, party Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on Monday said he was confident about its good performance in the state in the upcoming general elections.
"I am sad that Congress lost the assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh. But I am not disheartened by the results. We are now looking forward to doing well in the Lok Sabha elections this year," he told PCC delegates here.
"A new team has taken charge of Madhya Pradesh Congress and it would help the party yield good results in the upcoming polls," he said.
He advised Congress workers to hit the streets and struggle for the rights of the people and said if need be he was ready to face lathis. "I will join you in your protests and even face lathis," he said.
Rahul also said those party leaders who do not wish to work unitedly, were free to walk out of the party.
The Congress Vice President arrived here this afternoon and attended a meeting where he interacted with 250 women representatives from across the country.
He sought their suggestions on what they thought should be included in the Congress manifesto for this year`s Lok Sabha elections, party sources said.
Later, he went to Madhya Pradesh Congress office, where he addressed three brief meetings. One of them was attended by all those who had contested last November`s assembly elections and another was with the State Youth Congress.
At the Youth Congress meeting, Rahul was briefed on the agitation carried out by it against the scam in the Professional Examination Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs