Rahul asks NSUI members to reach grassroot level
Lucknow: AICC general secretary Rahul
Gandhi on Thursday advised party members to reach grassroot level,
understand problems of the people and redress their
The Congress leader made these remarks at a meeting
with members of the party`s student`s wing NSUI during the
"Lakshya 2011" programme held at a resort on the outskirts of
Lucknow amid tight security.
Rahul, who is on two-day visit to his constituency
Amethi, arrived in Lucknow on Thursday morning and reached Anandi resort,
about 25 km away, to attend the NSUI programme.
At the meeting, NSUI members said, Rahul advised them
to reach out to masses and rake up issues of development so
that people can associate themselves with the party.
"There is a need to reach at grass root level and
understand problems of the people. You all should fight for
getting the problems redressed", Rahul is stated to have said
so in the meet.
He also told youths to propagate central welfare
schemes and ensure that its benefit reached the beneficiaries.
Rahul also interacted with the NSUI workers and heard
Media was kept away from the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!