Rahul asks NSUI members to reach grassroot level
Lucknow: AICC general secretary Rahul
Gandhi on Thursday advised party members to reach grassroot level,
understand problems of the people and redress their
The Congress leader made these remarks at a meeting
with members of the party`s student`s wing NSUI during the
"Lakshya 2011" programme held at a resort on the outskirts of
Lucknow amid tight security.
Rahul, who is on two-day visit to his constituency
Amethi, arrived in Lucknow on Thursday morning and reached Anandi resort,
about 25 km away, to attend the NSUI programme.
At the meeting, NSUI members said, Rahul advised them
to reach out to masses and rake up issues of development so
that people can associate themselves with the party.
"There is a need to reach at grass root level and
understand problems of the people. You all should fight for
getting the problems redressed", Rahul is stated to have said
so in the meet.
He also told youths to propagate central welfare
schemes and ensure that its benefit reached the beneficiaries.
Rahul also interacted with the NSUI workers and heard
Media was kept away from the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate