Rahul asks NSUI members to reach grassroot level
Lucknow: AICC general secretary Rahul
Gandhi on Thursday advised party members to reach grassroot level,
understand problems of the people and redress their
The Congress leader made these remarks at a meeting
with members of the party`s student`s wing NSUI during the
"Lakshya 2011" programme held at a resort on the outskirts of
Lucknow amid tight security.
Rahul, who is on two-day visit to his constituency
Amethi, arrived in Lucknow on Thursday morning and reached Anandi resort,
about 25 km away, to attend the NSUI programme.
At the meeting, NSUI members said, Rahul advised them
to reach out to masses and rake up issues of development so
that people can associate themselves with the party.
"There is a need to reach at grass root level and
understand problems of the people. You all should fight for
getting the problems redressed", Rahul is stated to have said
so in the meet.
He also told youths to propagate central welfare
schemes and ensure that its benefit reached the beneficiaries.
Rahul also interacted with the NSUI workers and heard
Media was kept away from the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September