‘Rahul can be PM if he brings back black money’
Bangalore: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Wednesday said the people would like to see Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi as a "permanent" prime minister if he meets the demands for bringing back black money stashed abroad and eradicating corruption.
"Millions of people will like to see Rahul Gandhi as the permanent Prime Minister if he brings back black money stashed abroad, eradicates corruption and changes the corrupt system," he told reporters here on elevation of Gandhi in Congress.
He said people wanted a Prime Minister who could bring back black money and end corruption and if Gandhi failed to meet these demands, there would be a faceoff between the government and people opposed to corrupt governance.
Ramdev, who has been highlighting issue of black money and announced an agitation next month on the issue, said more than infusing fresh blood in any party, there was a need for the presence of good character for running the country.
He said if the government failed to meet their demands, people would be asked to boycott it socially and politically.
"We will tell people not to allow the ruling party members to enter any city. We will ask people not to attend their functions. No one will give them votes and this will happen. We have formed village and tehsil committees who will carry out this work and it will begin from August 9," Ramdev said.
To a query, he said he would wage a battle against the Centre along with Anna Hazare "till his last breath."
On Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid`s meeting with Hazare, who is set to launch a fast from July 25 in Delhi, Ramdev said he would talk to the Gandhian in this regard and make it public if it was in the country`s interest.
Ramdev also slammed the Indian cricket board`s decision to revive bilateral series with Pakistan, saying the neighbouring country was an enemy and playing matches against them amounts to political and social crime.
"Playing cricket matches against Pakistan amounts to cheating people. In a sense, it is a political and social crime. This should stop and country should be strengthened," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you