Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, BJP says Congress using abusive language
New Delhi: Taking strong exception to Rahul Gandhi`s comparison of Narendra Modi with Adolf Hitler, BJP on Wednesday accused Congress of having come down to use of "abusive" language in view of its "inevitable defeat" in polls and said such language did not bode well for the country`s polity.
The opposition party also reminded Congress of bringing Hitler`s ideology to India first by imposing Emergency and said the people of the country who have not forgotten it will give a "befitting" reply to it in the polls.
BJP said it will continue to reply to Congress` use of such language by not crossing its limits and accused Gandhi of being "rattled" due to the "impending" defeat.
"Rahul Gandhi has attacked the Sangh and BJP`s leader, whom he fears, by addressing him as `Hitler`. It is unfortunate...BJP does not accept the use of such language for its leader. BJP considers this a statement given by Gandhi after being rattled by the impending defeat in polls.
"Congress always has a slip of tongue ahead of every election. In the past, Congress leaders had used phrases like `Maut ke saudagar` (merchant of death) and the people of Gujarat have given a befitting reply to it in the assembly elections. This time too, the people of the country will give a befitting reply to it," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He accused the Congress of using such language and phrases ahead of every election and said the ruling party and its leaders are losing patience due to their poll debacle ahead.
Hussain said Gandhi has forgotten that while he is giving sermons to his party`s spokespersons, he himself is not adopting restraint and, instead of listing the achievements of his government in the last ten years, is resorting to use of such language.
Hussain charged since Congress is devoid of any issues ahead of polls and is unable to take on Modi, they are resorting to the use of abusive language.
"While victory and defeats keep happening in politics, the use of abusive language in the fear of defeat does not bode well for the country`s polity," he said.
Accusing Arvind Kejriwal of serving as a "B-team" of Gandhi, he said the AAP leader had visited Gujarat ahead of Gandhi`s visit there, who will now follow him in Maharashtra, where Kejriwal is addressing rallies.
"In 10 years, Rahul Gandhi has not given a reply on his government`s rule at the Centre...There has been no word on corruption, price rise or unemployment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!