Rahul Gandhi a big zero, Congress afraid of Narendra Modi: BJP
Indore: In a fresh salvo ahead of Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Madhya Pradesh, ruling BJP on Monday said the Congress Vice-President pales in comparison to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"In comparison to Modi, Rahul is a big zero and the Congress leaders have a fear of Modi. They are afraid of him even in their dreams," BJP spokesman Vijay Sonkar Shastri told reporters here.
He was replying to a query on Rahul`s impending visit to poll-bound Madhya Pradesh on April 24 and its likely impact.
"The two-day visit of Rahul Gandhi will prove to be a futile exercise. People of the country got very much disappointed with Rahul Gandhi`s address to the CII conference in New Delhi recently," Shastri said.
On the projection of Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, he referred to party president Rajnath Singh`s statement that BJP is not in a hurry over announcing its prime ministerial nominee.
Dismissing charges that Modi is "communal", Shastri said minority community is happy in Gujarat and Modi became chief minister for the third time in a row on their support.
Citing incidents of rapes in recent past, the BJP leader alleged that the Congress-led UPA has failed to protect women and sought a legal amendment prescribing capital punishment for rapists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees