Rahul Gandhi a big zero, Congress afraid of Narendra Modi: BJP
Indore: In a fresh salvo ahead of Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Madhya Pradesh, ruling BJP on Monday said the Congress Vice-President pales in comparison to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"In comparison to Modi, Rahul is a big zero and the Congress leaders have a fear of Modi. They are afraid of him even in their dreams," BJP spokesman Vijay Sonkar Shastri told reporters here.
He was replying to a query on Rahul`s impending visit to poll-bound Madhya Pradesh on April 24 and its likely impact.
"The two-day visit of Rahul Gandhi will prove to be a futile exercise. People of the country got very much disappointed with Rahul Gandhi`s address to the CII conference in New Delhi recently," Shastri said.
On the projection of Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, he referred to party president Rajnath Singh`s statement that BJP is not in a hurry over announcing its prime ministerial nominee.
Dismissing charges that Modi is "communal", Shastri said minority community is happy in Gujarat and Modi became chief minister for the third time in a row on their support.
Citing incidents of rapes in recent past, the BJP leader alleged that the Congress-led UPA has failed to protect women and sought a legal amendment prescribing capital punishment for rapists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal